wordpress - amember issue

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by rockstar12, Aug 23, 2014.

1. rockstar12

rockstar12 Member

Hey,

i changed admin username in wordpress and after that i am not able to login into wp-admin

when ever i login it redirects me to amember/create profile page..

it was fully working before change of username.. its been over 4 days since i created ticket.

i changed the username back via db but still its not working. can anyone please help me out?
  2. chrome62

chrome62 Member

Rockstar - from my own experience, this is how I overcame this...
    1. Using the same email you use for your WP administrator, create a new user in amember using that same email address.
    2. Rebuild the database and the rebuild the WP database from the aMember utility area.
    3. Log into wp-admin using the admin account.
    4. Click on the "profile" button in the WP admin bar (top right) which should open the amember login panel.
    5. Enter the user name and password of the aMember user that you just created using the same email as the WP admin and you should be all set.

On the admin level, the two system are separate. When you log into WP as admin, you get you the WP admin access. When you do the second login, that get's you the aMember access and you'll be able to see protected posts. The WP admin bar will not show the amember user, rather it shows the WP admin, regardless, all amember user access is granted.

Hope that helps!