WordPress - amember - 2checkout

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by mhmtozek, Aug 9, 2010.

1. mhmtozek

mhmtozek Member

We are going to sell digital products on our WordPress site. Payments will be handled via 2checkout.com. We are looking for 2 things to achieve.

1- As soon as payment is confirmed, provide a download link to client to get purchased product

2- Since we will be selling digital products, we will have to provide support as well. We have installed bbpress which is using same user table with WordPress. Is there any way to create a user account on WordPress during or after purchase of the product? We want to keep registration strictly just for our clients. I mean, we don't want people to register for our site unless they purchase an item.
  2. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Sure this is possible with aMember and wordpress plugin. Plugin will create users in wordpress and will assign user to specified user/role. So if you will disable registrations in Wordpress itself, users will be added to wordpress only from aMember.
  3. mhmtozek

mhmtozek Member

Which plugin are we talking here exactly about? Does it mean that aMember comes as standalone application and there is a third party plugin to create an integration between WordPress and aMember?

Update: I just saw that plugin. I assume you were talking about it.
  4. mhmtozek

mhmtozek Member

Sorry to say that the wordpress integration plugin fails. When it is activated it just logs me back out of the site always.

And I tried free trial version of amember. After installation each attemp to amember admin area returned "Fatal error: Unable to read 17860 bytes in /home/username/domainn.com/amember/member.inc.php on line 0"
  5. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

My suggeted integration method is using Ken's amprotect plugin. Its stable.

David
  6. mhmtozek

mhmtozek Member

How about amember itself? The trial version returned a fatal error. Can I assume that issue won't happen with purchased copy?
  7. alexander

8. mhmtozek

mhmtozek Member

I am not sure about the version of Zend Optimizer, but i can ask it to DreamHost if needed.

Attached is the screenshot for the results of tester script.

I've cleaned DB tables, removed config.inc.php file from trial version. If requested, I can send credentials for ftp and database
  9. alexander

Make sure that you try to install Zend Encoded version:
    http://www.amember.com/downloads/amember-ZEND-latest.zip
    Try to reupload all files from package and make sure that your ftp client is switched to binary mode (not "auto" because some clients does not work correctly if auto mode used instead of binary)
    If this will not help, contact us in helpdesk and provide access info.
  10. mhmtozek

mhmtozek Member

Binary was the key, i got it working thanks for clarification. My last question before i proceed with purchase.

During installation I had an option to select table prefix. amember_ was default prefix to be used in DB. for WordPress I have something different prefix. Is that ok to use different prefixes if i want to sue wp_users table as primary for amember?
  11. alexander

Sure this is ok. And btw, wp_users table can't be primary for aMember. aMember use own table for members, and can't use different table. Plugin can only sync users in both tables it can't change table that aMember will use.
  12. kimboy

kimboy New Member

Which plugin are we talking here exactly about? Does it mean that aMember comes as standalone application and there is a third party plugin to create an integration between WordPress and aMember?

Update: I just saw that plugin. I assume you were talking about it.