wordpress 4.4 conflicts

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by ddaoud3, Dec 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. krod411

krod411 New Member

My current installation is good for a lifetime but if I want the updates I have to pay another $80? I'd like the new plugin update that fixes this but can't pay the $80 every time WP or A member stop speaking.
  2. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

That is no different to any other software really is it?

Bit like purchasing a car and then couple of years down the line fuel companies make changes to fuel supplied (such as changing from leaded to unleaded petrol in UK, does car manufacturer pay for the adjustments needed? No.

$80 a year to keep software up to date, plus the expertise of aMember staff to sort problems is not really that expensive is it?
  3. robw

robw CGI-Central Partner

What I do on my installs is to create a symbolic link (like an alias/shortcut) from the aMember wordpress plugin folder to the plugins folder on my WordPress site... that way, any time I update aMember, the WordPress plugin automagically updates too.

E.g. in the wordpress plugins folder, using SSH, you can do something like this:

Code:
    ln -s
    ~/public_html/amember/application/default/plugins/protect/wordpress/upload_to_wordpress/wp-content/plugins/amember4 amember4
    Cheers
    Rob
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2016
    jenolan likes this.
  4. godofseo

godofseo New Member

I'm having this issue now.

I can login via amember fine, even manage to login (with some accounts, but others I can't) to wordpress, but I can't access the wp-admin area of my wp installation.

I've followed the info and insert that plugin into WP, still nothing..
  5. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.