Wordpress 3.5 compatibility

Discussion in 'Integration' started by jamesmcroy, Jan 3, 2013.

1. jamesmcroy

jamesmcroy New Member

Hello,

Just wanted to double check if aMember is compatible with the new Wordpress 3.5 or if there are any issues I should be aware of when upgrading?

aMember Pro version: 4.2.13.4d4e034

aMember PRO v4 Integration Plugin for Wordpress version: 0.1
  2. gswaim

gswaim CGI-Central Partner

James, I am running aMember on a WP 3.5 site with no problems. I am not aware of any compatibility issues with WP 3.5
  3. jamesmcroy

jamesmcroy New Member

Thanks for posting. Good to hear.
  4. yodude711

yodude711 New Member

I'm using aMember 4.2.14.3b7ee0a
    and having an issue when I activate the aMember plugin inside Wordpress. When I deactivate, the problem goes away. I am using Twenty Twelve theme.

The issue is this: on the Page Editor, I can't switch from Visual to HTML editor, and it shows no content in the editor window and I cannot click inside the editor window to add content.

Any ideas?

I'm running WP 3.5. aMember WP Plugin is version 0.1
  5. yodude711

yodude711 New Member

Well hold the phone...I may have a theme issue now that is mucking it up. I'll post an update in a bit.
  6. yodude711

yodude711 New Member

So it looks like it's an issue between the aMember plugin and my theme causing my above-mentioned problem. Looks like I need a new theme. The theme is probably outdated anyway!
  7. yodude711

yodude711 New Member

Nope, so now I'm testing on a clean install of wp and amember, using a theme made by wp, and when the plugin is activated, I have noticed 2 bugs:
    1. the tinymce editor does not appear. the visual editor does not work.
    2. on the widgets page, it makes all the widgets not draggable, so you cannot place them in the sidebar(s) where you want them.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.
  8. gswaim

gswaim CGI-Central Partner

Yodude,

I have done this setup at least a dozen times (with WP themes and StudioPress themes) without experiencing these issues. My first thought is that the aMember widget is conflicting with another widget. Could you temporarily disable all widgets except the aMember widget to see if the problem stops? If that is the case yo can start turning the plugins back on one-at-a-time to see which one is causing the problem.

If this doesn't work you should submit a ticket so somebody at aMember can look at your site.