with vBulletin

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by tommyxv, Feb 13, 2010.

1. tommyxv

tommyxv New Member

Couple of questions....

Can the entire forum be blocked from viewing using aMember without using vBulletin's custom forum access masks and usergroup permissions until they register and pay? Meaning no seeing inside until you pay. Even if they know the forum URL, if the are not logged in/not registered/Unsubscribed, they will not see anything vbulletin?

Does the user only have to log in once after they become a member? Meaning that there will never be two log screens?

Will with work with vBulletin 4.x?

So far it looks like this will work for me. Will I have the coupon discount feature during sign up too? That is real nice!
  2. skippybosco

skippybosco CGI-Central Partner Staff Member

Yes, you can protect the entire forum directory using a protection method like mod_rewrite so that they must have an active subscribed product to even view the forum.

This style of protection is not specific to any 3rd party script or version since you are essentially just protecting access to the script folder itself, not integrating any protection internally.
  3. tommyxv

tommyxv New Member

Thanks for the response. Will the user still have just one login screen though?
  4. skippybosco

Yes, this would require that you both protect the forum directory AND use the vBulletin plugin for integrating the single signon functionality.
  5. note2you

note2you New Member

now, amember pro 3.18 SSO support vBulletin v4.xx and available vb4 integrated plugins ?

thanks
    note
  6. skippybosco

yes, there is a plugin available for aMember 3.18 that provides SSO support for vBulletin v4. I am using it today successfully on a number of sites.
  7. note2you

note2you New Member

thanks

Can do multi forums with amember and plugins and separate database ?
    sach as

vbulletin1.domain.com -----\
    vbulletin2.domain.com ----------- amember.domain.com
    vbulletin3.domain.com -----/

Can do install outside Directory and subdomain ?
    Have amember pro available plugins support joomla 1.5 and wordpress 2.91 and support subdomain and support more than 1 installation ??
    thanks
  8. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Sure this is possible but will require little customization in aMember. You will need to duplicate plugins. php skills will be required for this.
    In regards to joomla 1.5 and wordpress 2.91 both plugins were tested with scripts latest versions.
  9. note2you

note2you New Member

free customization for this if i bought amember + plugins ?
    if not,who is i must contact for custom it ?

thanks
    note2you
  10. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Sure we can help with such customization for free