Will This Work For Me

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by Charlie, May 10, 2003.

1. Charlie

Charlie Guest

I have tried a system called Molly Guard. My first page is a welcome page and the user can either register or log on here. It was my intention that if the user clicks on Register it would take them to molly guard and then onto paypal where they then pay and then they will come back from paypal and then go to the register page. This will then allow all their details to be entered into my database. Then if the user tries to logon on they can go to the welcome page and login. The problem i am having is that my protected content is in a directory and when the user tries to login it is trying to use a script that is withing the protected directory and now will not work. I have come across your system and it all appears to be much better that the one i am using that doesn't work.
    My question is that if i buy this system, am i going to have to change the way my site works and put this script outside of the protected directory?
    Will i still be able to use my registration form or do i have to scrap this and create a new one?

My site is fully working but i would just like it to be a subscription based, i don't want anyone on there who hasen't payed.

How difficult will this product be to set up so i want it do do exactly what i want?

I am worried that if i buy this i will have the same kind of problems as i did with Mollyguard. I would also like to say that Molly guard charges 6.5% of every transaction and has no support at all. So this system sounds ideal.
  2. alex-adm

alex-adm Guest

No. aMember is not trying to be CMS (content-management system). It will protect any directory, not matter where it is located.
    To protect directory, you will only need to put 2-4 lines long .htaccess file (example you will get after installation).

All registrations will have to go through aMember signup form. It can be easily customized to match your site design.
    Directories will be really protected, not just hidden. Only paid and not-expired customers will be able to access.

Free installation included with aMember Pro. You will get the script installed and your directories protected.
  3. intrud0r

intrud0r Guest

when you say it protects folders, will it protect forums in folders from webcrawlers and web surfers alike?
  4. abbeyvet

abbeyvet New Member

Yes. Anything that is in a protected directory will be available to paid members only. That includes a forum.