Will there be a new version available soon?

Discussion in 'Free Talk for Website Owners and Webmasters' started by anybody99, Feb 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wallpaper_01

wallpaper_01 Member

How do we get this then? I cant find any links?
  2. graphixx

graphixx Member

I posted similar question in another post and i wonder if it was for closed beta testing at the end of may:
  3. wallpaper_01

wallpaper_01 Member

To be honest I just think its delayed. They were posting all over the place that the beta was the end of may and then when it came, nothing... I expect it to be a public beta but its delayed, some news would be nice...
  4. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

Yes, it is delayed. There is the last thing to finish before public beta - import from aMember 3. Once we get this done, there will be announcement.
  5. graphixx

graphixx Member

Any estimate on how long time it will take?One day,one week,one month?
  6. ronniead

ronniead Member

It hurts me to ask again...but some updates on version 4 would be great. Just something to wet our appetites...Alex? Anyone?
  7. Regs

Regs New Member

At this pace, I would guess you'll get an answer to your post in about a month to say it will be delayed another month :rolleyes:
  8. wallpaper_01

wallpaper_01 Member

If you look through the threads its been delayed like 4 years, so im not expecting this any time soon tbh
  9. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

Come on be fair. What would you rather, make the program available now and then face a barrage of forum posts complaining this or that isn't quite right?? (Somehow the name Microsoft rings a bell here for some reason!)

Firstly there most certainly is a version 4 that looks more refined and modern. It also looks as if it will integrate more easily into websites. Gone is Smarty and I am, personally, happy to see it go. Never could quite get my head around Smarty.

Everybody that currently uses aMember wants to be able to download an upgrade, run a small script and expect their site will run perfectly.

Give them a chance to get it right from the beginning, and no I am not in anyway connected with aMember other than being a VERY happy user of their membership program.

Yes I am drooling at the mouth to get hold of a copy of the new version to play with, and try integrating into a development area site, but, as the saying goes 'Patience is a virtue'!
  10. graphixx

graphixx Member

What would be fair was a clear communication, all the time it has been said its going to be released at the end of may(or maybe im wrong and they meant may next year). It would cost them less than two minutes of their time to just update us with the info about the new version.
  11. alanpace

alanpace New Member

just my perspective...

This is my first post but I've been using aMember on several sites since 2007. As a developer, when I read an announced release date for beta software (any site, any software) I automatically add 2 or three months to the deadline. Application development almost always takes longer than expected. I'm excited about testing the beta when it's available but I'm also happy to use the current version until the new one is ready. "Clients who want it bad, get it bad."
  12. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

Well phrased, exactly point I was trying to make.
  13. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

Thanks for good words and patience!

We have released aMember Pro v.4.0.1(beta) for internal testing. Tomorrow it will be available on public demo server for review. Announce and detailed information will be posted here, in this topic.
  14. rsigcourses

rsigcourses Member

Sounds promising, can't wait to test it out and see how it works ;)
  15. skippybosco

skippybosco CGI-Central Partner Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.