wiki integration attempted?

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by ryanknoll, Jul 26, 2005.

1. ryanknoll

ryanknoll New Member

Hi Alex. Have you built or tried building plugins for wikis, like MediaWiki?

I'm not ready to buy one yet, but just curious if you've tried building a bridge for any. I'm sure it is no more complicated than any other integration for you, but the only different part is most wikis require two capitals letters in the username, like "JohnPaul" .
  2. gswaim

gswaim CGI-Central Partner

RyanKnoll,

I have not been a big user of Wikis, but I understand the basic concept. So how would you like to see aMember integrated? Would you use aMember to control access to certain parts of the Wiki? Would it control read write privileges to certain parts of the Wiki? Would it control who could start new pages and who could edit pages?

I don't think Wikis have built-in groups and permissions functionality. I am pretty sure this is almost a must to support an integration, but Alex should be the final word on this :)
  3. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

We have not tried to do this, but as I saw many wikis really don't implement real security and registration protection, so it is more usable for community usage, not for membership sites.