Why Wordpress at all?

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by kohphiphi, Feb 27, 2009.

1. kohphiphi

kohphiphi New Member

Hello everyone,

I am about to create a time-dripped membership site where content is fed as the member's stays longer in time. I know Amember + Incremental content plugin can do that just fine.

My question is: what's the point on going Wordpress vs. regular HTML site? Most of the incremental content Amember sites I find are based on wordpress, but I cannot find any advantage over standard HTML sites.

Can anyone explain why is wordpress usually favored?

Thanks!
  2. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

If you prefer to use a CMS to add your content- rather than coding HTML.
    + Google loves wordpress blogs.

David
  3. codeispoetry

codeispoetry aMember Pro Customer

With Wordpress, it is easier for you to manage your content - you can search, edit, sort, organize into categories, move them around different categories easily.

You can change the look and feel of Wordpress at the click of a button, add breadcrumbs with a plugin and/or customize your sidebar with widgets.

Especially the search function, this is something that regular HTML cannot perform as well - you need to individually go into each article in each folder to look for the HTML and the links in each HTML will need time to update too.

Also, your readers will have an easier time navigating your site, it has a pleasant look and feel with your WP theme, and they can also use the search function, or browse by categories.

Hope that helps.

Lee
  4. miso

miso aMember Pro Customer

AND (in addition to the above), if you have more than 2-3 pages that you'll code in HTML and manage manually like that, Wordpress makes it real easy to add/update/move around and deliver content...

And if you get that aMemberIncremental Bridge as well, publishing incremental content within wordpress becomes a piece of cake too!