What's the maximum number of users possible on Amember?

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by jazzery, Aug 25, 2007.

1. jazzery

jazzery New Member

Hi,

What's the maximum number of users possible on Amember? Can the database handle 1 million users?

I'm planning to offer free content but visitors have to register to access it. So, if 1 million visitors register, will the script be able to handle that amount of users?

I looked all over the site but couldn't find the answer.

Thank you in advance...

Jazzery
  2. sudn3sc3d

sudn3sc3d Guest

Hello,

It depends on your resources. You need a lot of high-class dedicated servers to manage 1,000,000 registered users.
  3. Sergei

Sergei aMember Pro Customer

If you have that many users you'll need a dedicated server.
  4. hastings

hastings New Member

so how many?

What is the maximum number of users for amember?

I have 6000 plus people in my database, and while they arent all logged on at once, maybe only 1-200 at most at once, I wonder whether performance is failing - I have recurring problems of people simply not being able to log on - eventually getting a mysql/ database connection error message. I just cant tell where the problem is - mysql php amember, my server or simply too many users for amember to manage at once!

any ideas?

dave
  5. bpbp

bpbp Member

Hastings.. How many users? It all depends on your available resources on your server.

It's like asking, how many seconds your computer takes to boot up and not caring to ask if you're checking on a pc with an Intel 100mhz processor/8mb ram or an Intel Quad-core Xeon 2.8Ghz/16GB of ram.

Onto your second statement, you said "...eventually getting a mysql/ database connection error message. I just cant tell where the problem is - mysql php amember, my server or simply too many users for amember" but you really answered your own question:
    -Too many mysql connections

Solution: If you have a dedicated server you can tune up the number of connections in the mysql config file, but be sure you learn how it works first so won't make a further mess ;-). I found this link on the net, maybe it will help >http://www.mysqlperformanceblog.com/2006/09/29/what-to-tune-in-mysql-server-after-installation/

I had a similar problem where many of my mysql-intense applications were eating up my connections. In my original setting my max_user_connections were only 20 (!!!), i did some research on the net and updated my mysql config file so now I can handle 500 simultaneous connections (based on my dedicated server CPU/memory) with no problems.
    If you have other mysql intense apps (other then amember) with a lot of rarely updated content, I suggest you integrate some caching system.

I have over 16K members and amember is running flawlessly :)