Whats the best way to setup Protction for videos

Discussion in 'Setting-up protection' started by pernhart, Dec 5, 2011.

1. pernhart

pernhart New Member

Hi there,

im not sure what is the best way to protect videos

i got some videos on my site wich are displayed by JWplayer.
    Content protection so far works well using the Amember Protection shortcodes.
    But...
    how will i setup the Protecion of the actual videofile itself to protect them from beeing downloaded?

When i use htpasword on Folders the user has to login again regardless if hes already logged into Amember or not ( for example when they press play on the JWPlayer).

On the other Hand if im useing new_rewrite the Flashplayer doesnt find the files to and gives me an erro like that : Video not found or Acces denied.

Unfortunatley the Video Protect feature of Amember is quite useless for me as it only works with the Flowplayer. Another thing is that it only protect files wich i upload and not files that are already uploaded by ftp. That way im limitedt to the Server upload Limit. Iwould love to have a file browser for my files on the Server.

So waht would be the best way to protect videofiles larger than 50 MB ??

Thanks for any helpfull tips ;-)
    Sascha
  2. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

If you put the video files into their own folder NOT contained within the aMember installation, for example called videos, and then protect that folder using aMember new-rewrite method then anyone attempting to download any of the videos will be asked to log in.

I am asuming here that the videos are hosted using the same domain as your aMember.
  3. pernhart

pernhart New Member

Althoug i tried this before....Now its working ;-)
    Thanks a Lot