What to do while waiting for support

Discussion in 'Free Talk for Website Owners and Webmasters' started by rosieowl, May 28, 2013.

1. rosieowl

rosieowl aMember Pro Customer

Just curious what others do.

I'm not criticising! aMember is amazing and support are great at fixing things but you do have to wait for support - overnight is not unusual from the UK. I'd happily pay vast sums of money for 24/7 instant support but as this isn't on offer I either have to accept the wait or give up on aMember (which I really don't want to do).

Anyway, overnight is a long time and it isn't really possible to just leave things alone while customers are being impacted. I certainly haven't got a hope of getting to sleep while my business is suffering. So over this time I often work hard to try to figure out as much as I can myself. I learn more about the problem, try to clarify things, rule stuff out etc. So what should I do with this extra information?

Is it best to update the original ticket with these things or does that bump the ticket back to the end of the queue (I know it did this on an old hosting company's support ticket system). Is it better to put additional tickets in adding extra info or will they just be handled separately? I tried leaving the original message that I put in yesterday (even though it wasn't very complete - I was in a complete panic when I wrote it) as I wanted it to get to the top of the queue quickly but that resulted in a one line request for clarification today. I provided this asap but now it looks like I'm back into the queue and may well be waiting until the middle of tomorrow again for another reply.

I definitely got it wrong this time but is there a right way? What do you do? What seems to work best?
  2. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Hi,
    This is better to update existing ticket with additional information it will not be put to the end of queue.
  3. rosieowl

rosieowl aMember Pro Customer

Good to know!
    Thank you