What shopping basket should I get so that it works seemlessly with amember?

Discussion in 'Payments processing' started by laura9669, Nov 7, 2011.

1. laura9669

laura9669 New Member

I have configured Pay Pal with amember. I would also offer our clients the ability to pay with any major credit cards. I understand I need a "shopping basket" for that. Does amember provide shopping baskets? I am very unfamiliar with anything like this so whatever works the easiest would be great for me.

Any suggestions?
  2. gswaim

gswaim CGI-Central Partner

Unless you are shipping products there really is no need to use a shopping cart program. However, some shopping cart programs may support more credit cards than PayPal.

You should research all the payment providers that are supported with your version (currently version 4 does not support as many as version 3) and see it any would be a better choice than PayPal.

Choosing the best payment providor can be a challenge when you take into account...
    • Some providers only work in certain countries
    • Some providers will not allow "adult" content
    • Some providers do not support a trial period for products
    • Some providers require that you establish a Merchant Account
    Good Luck!
  3. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

Paypal already allows people to pay with a credit card.

If you want to bill people locally - on your site, this becomes more complicated.

David
  4. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

Laura,
    if you want bill customer credit cards (ask credit card info right on your website), I do not recommend you to do that. Your website and software becoming then subject for PCI DSS certification and believe me, it costs not less than 1 months of hard work, and $5-10,000 for certification. Also, it may not be done on shared hosting.

So lets keep it to professional billing companies.
    For not-recurring billing PayPal already allows to pay directly with credit card without registration.
    Another good choices are 2Checkout.com or ClickBank.
  5. laura9669

laura9669 New Member

Took me a while to get back with your about this but I am very successfully using paypal and other credit cards as well (via paypal) Absolutely no complaints and very easy to integrate (with the help of you great guys of course!)