What if I have two wordpress blogs?

Discussion in 'Integration' started by oliver94, Oct 19, 2012.

1. oliver94

oliver94 Member

Hello everyone, I was wondering if there's a way to have a 2nd wordpress blog work with aMember so the user doesn't have to register again on my 2nd blog?

I know the first blog I configured was under setup/configuration-> Wordpress where I entered my db, user and pw.

Can I get another tab like this one?

Thank you.
  2. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

3. oliver94

oliver94 Member

Hello Alexander,

I'm VERY sorry to have responded to this late but it seems like those instructions do not apply to me. I'm not sure if this is because I have aMember3.x ?

There is no /amember/application folder

I have amember/plugins/protect/wordpress

I decided to use this folder and copied+ renamed it to wordpress1

I also looked for wordpress.php but I cannot find it. I looked in each file for "am_protect" and there is nothing...

In the folder I have

config.inc.php
    readme.txt
    ma-amember_widget.zip
    wordpress.inc.php

What do you think about this?
    Thanks!
  4. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

Used v3 for years but forgotten a lot of the details of v3 as now using v4, also never used wordpress.

But if you have copied the contents of the wordpress folder to wordpress1 have you then gone to admin dashboard configure/setup and included your new plugin in the same way as you did with your first wordpress plugin? If you haven't then the second wordpress installation will effectively be unknown to aMember!
  5. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

For aMember v3:
    1. Create /amember/plugins/protect/wordpress1/ folder and copy all files from /amember/plugins/protect/wordpress/ to wordpress1
    2. Rename wordpress1/wordpress.inc.php to /wordpress1/wordpress1.inc.php
    3. In all files inside wordpress1 folder change word "wordpress" to "wordpress1"

Then you will be able to enable second plugin from amember CP -> Setup -> Plugins