Website builders!

Discussion in 'Free Talk for Website Owners and Webmasters' started by lucky pall, Aug 7, 2009.

1. lucky pall

lucky pall Banned

How to make a websites in a minutes?
    I need to make a website for my woman tilll tomorrow 9 pm.
    www.site2you.com had anybody used them to make a websites?
  2. whatinspiresu

whatinspiresu New Member

looks like it can do what you need to build a website, but it seems a little pricey to be paying for monthly. Do you know how to use wordpress? Its free and a lot of customizations can be added later as the website performs. There are tons of free themes as well.

Here's my suggestion. Purchase webhosting (not godaddy). You will get instructions on how to log into cpanel. click on the fantastico icon. then wordpress. then install a new version of wordpress. (if you get stuck, search youtube for instruction on any step.)

log into wordpress, go to appearance>add new theme and search for themes. If you want a static page to be your home page, create a new page, go to settings>reading and select front page>static and pull down to your home page. If you want your sidebar to list a specific navigation, create all of your pages then go to appearance>widgets and pull the pages widget into the sidebar1 area.

This way you're only spending about $10 a month, might make a different to a startup site.

Down the road if you need all the bells and whistles, you can hire someone to do a redesign or some programming for few hundred dollars.

Wordpress is user friendly and pretty solid these days. Most people who are comfortable working online can learn it.

best of luck on your womans site!!!
    Trisha
  3. lucky pall

lucky pall Banned

Thanks Trisha, but I had never work with Wordpress and the others CMS :( Maybe I will try later but there is too much other work that I got to do...
    I making 1000 magic paper flowers for bithday gift :) and looking for some website builder that will help me during couple hours...
  4. lucky pall

lucky pall Banned

:) You wont believe :)
    I had create a website and in this update here gets PR 5 :eek:
    Now I also can make money on it... Unbelieveble. :D
  5. lucky pall

lucky pall Banned

And its down to 3 (( Why its hapenning? ((
  6. seffywhite

seffywhite New Member

joomla the solution

if you want to make a website in an hour use joomla
  7. sevyanfellow

sevyanfellow New Member

hey friend i have a problem how i install ready made templates in joomla
  8. hostcolor

hostcolor New Member

Site2you is a paid service. I would recommend MODx CMS. It has a feature reach WYSIWYG. It is both easy to use CMS and developer friendly PHP framework.
  9. berry

berry New Member

In the current scenario the time does not wait for us.For creating a website i have tried www.thewebpole.com it will be helpful for creating faster.
  10. andybogart27

andybogart27 New Member

See http://www.webbuildersguide.com/, where you will find a good overview of website builders. This review will be useful for beginning web designers. Good luck!