webhosting

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by JOse, Feb 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JOse

JOse Guest

hi there
    i know php and mysQL is required, i have been checking webhosting providers and have not clear if they provided this access....cna you recomend any webhosting provider where your script runs smmoothly.
    thxs in advance seems toi be a great product
  2. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

I believe this hosting is the best. Please have a look:
    LunarPages
  3. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Right on, Alex!

That's the one I'm using as well!

Regards,
    Serge

4. Brian

Brian Guest

If you're looking for Ensim Pro Control Panel, then I would recommend a small company called Fas-Track.net

I use them as well, only because I love the Ensim Control Panel, and I wanted a Multi-Domain solution. I host several domains all together, and these guys are very good at Ensim, MySQL and Unix/Redhat servers. So I give 2-Thumbs up to them. And trust me, I have been with several companies who just didn't work.
  5. alex

Thank you Brian, but I don't recommend anyone to use Ensim hosting for aMember Pro - it is full of trouble. Cpanel is a better choice for serving PHP applications now.
  6. Brian

Brian Guest

I'm sure CPanel work great, but I can say that when you need to "pop open the hood" and tweak it out, Ensim is great.

And if you have experience under your belt, it is not a problem. I have only installed aMember on Ensim boxes, and i have never had a lick of trouble. So I don't see why it's not recomended, but I'm sure there are valid reasons that you know of.
  7. alex

Ensim is not bad, but it comes with safe-mode enabled by default (may be I'm wrong), and mod_rewrite doesn't work by default as well. Both these restrictions are absolutely not-reasonable.

So my recommendations are: this hosting and this one
  8. alanls

alanls Guest

Hosting Control panels

I see you recommend Cpanel over Ensim but how does Hsphere stand as a recommended Control Panel for your script ?

Regards
    Alan
  9. alex

Alan, unfrotunately I cannot give you exact reply yet. We're working on the test script, which will show available features for every hosting.

If you need our advice regarding your hosting, please publish a PHP page with the following content:
    PHP:
    <?phpinfo();?>
    and email URL to support@cgi-central.net
  10. alanls

alanls Guest

Hosting Control panels

Hi alex,
    As I say, it is just a hosting control panel. The advantage with Hsphere
    is the facility to control both Windows and Apache servers.

The accounts do come with PHP4, Perl5, ASP, SSI and databases in MySQL, PGSQL or MSSQL and even Coldfusion.

I had not given a thought to a particular preference with regards to your script and was surprised ther was indeed a preference.

I have not signed with the account yet but at the moment I see no problem with Hsphere
  11. alex

Yes, it is just panel and bundle of server software with some default settings. Of course, panel doesnt' make sense, but settings does!

I just know that CPanel's settings meet aMember requirements.

aMember requires:
    - PHP safe_mode disabled;
    OR - Zend Optimizer (free) installed
    OR - ionCube Loader installed
    You may just ask your hosting support about.
  12. alanls

alanls Guest

Control Panels ?

I did check your specified requirements But it seems not everything required is stated. I realise about Safe Mode, had problems with that before but will have to check on Zend/Ion availability.

Many thanks for your prompt response Alex.

Regards
    Alan
  13. alex

Alan,
    if safe_mode is Off (and if you will ask them, ask that "enable_dl = On"),
    it is quite enough for aMember. If it so, you don't need nor Zend Optimizer, nor ionCube Loader.
  14. bwd

bwd New Member

chat room integration

-offtopic removed by Alex-
  15. erikcw

erikcw New Member

- offtopic removed by Alex -
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.