Want to Access S3 bucket from aMember

Discussion in 'Setting-up protection' started by umpquaweb, Jan 1, 2017.

1. umpquaweb

umpquaweb New Member

I want to be able to control access to a product (multiple files, including video) from aMember. When the product is purchased, it appears on the Main Dashboard. When they click on that link, they are taken to a pick up page and the links to the files and videos are on that page.

Here's where I'm running into challenges.

If I create a folder on MY server, I can protect the folder so that only people who have purchased the product have access to the files within the folder. BUT, that means the files are stored on MY server. I would like to store them on S3.

When I add files to File or videos to Video, they appear in individually on the Main Dashboard and I don't want that. If I take the file name from S3 and enter that on my pickup page, access is denied. Is there a way to give access to the bucket from aMember?
  2. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

I am afraid it is not possible to protect whole bucket at one go. You need to protect files one by one.

I suggest to use Content Categories to group/organize your files.

You need to create one content category and put all your files to this category.
    Also you need to enable option 'Hide from Dashboard' for each of your files.

content-category-setup.png

This way you will have new menu item to page with list of files within category (if user has necessary access).

content-categories-preview.png

Best Regards.
  3. umpquaweb

umpquaweb New Member

Thank you. I will consider that.

The only reason I wanted to store the files on S3 instead of my server was in consideration of the space it might take up on my server. Plus protecting them one by one is time consuming.