Video Site: Pay Per Video

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by moar, Aug 16, 2009.

1. moar

moar New Member

Hello. I have a few questions regarding your excellent product.

I want to create a site where I can charge per music/video file (a bit like iTunes). Visitor's would come to the site and see a selection of media files, which they can buy individually for $0.99 each, which when purchased allows them to either watch/listen the stream in a player (such as JW Player), or download it. They could also subscribe to all media files on the site for a larger sum of money.

Would aMember be a suitable backend for such a website? it seems so, but I wanted to double check. :)
  2. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

aMember will work well for the bulk subscription part, but I think for the individual songs, this is not really what its build for. All those individual products will be a bit unwieldy in the amember system.

You could use something like e-junkie for the individual files, and amember for the subscriptions.

David
  3. moar

moar New Member

It would be great to get some kind of integration between aMember and a video portal script (such as http://www.mediascripts.com/social_features.html to name one).

This particular script can limit the amount of video a guest can watch, before having to register to see it all. Sadly, all these video portal scripts are lacking a lot of features on the member and subscription side. I want to sell my own videos, in a media player. Something like Social Media does a good job presenting the media but lacks membership features. Now if aMember was integrated into something like that, it would be perfect. :)