very dissatisfied with this service

Discussion in 'Testimonials' started by shutterbug, Nov 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shutterbug

shutterbug New Member

I have been using aformmail on many sites, and lately its ben compromised across several servers. Ive read several posts on here, and all Alex can reply with is we dont offer support. Why even bother putting out a product then? If this is your reply, I will not use or purchase any of your products. I would advise everyone to beware of payig for anything from someone who lets a product he puts out there get spammed or exploited and offer no updatre, fix or help. Teh site he refers people to http://www.php-form-mail.com/forum/, isnt even available. This really blows. :mad:
  2. pilot

pilot New Member

If Alex says he doesn't support it . . . its Cos 1 its free and 2 its old software. and 3 you haven't even posted it in the right forum.

Not buying supported up to date software from CGI-Central is your loss.

SATISFIED Amember user
  3. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

1. aFormMail script project is currently discountinued and is not supported. I see no reasons to blame here, because it already was a free product and support was never promised.
    2. There actually was a problem in the script that allowed to send unauthorized e-mail messages. It happened because of hole in PHP that was unknown in the time of script writing (year 2002!). We published a fixed version, and it was available on our website for free download for a year.
    If we had a way to notify all customers, we would do that, but it is impossible - it is a free script. If you wish, you can get a fixed version of aFormMail by email, contact me alex@cgi-central.net
    3. Now it was time to shut down aFormMail project - we just have no human resources to support it, and we dont' want to keep it unsupported. So it is closed.

Any questions?
  4. jimojeda

jimojeda New Member

Shutterbug,

Let me ask you something...

If you were giving a useful product away for free and many thousands of people flocked to your site to get it, would you be very inclined to offer support (your time) to hundreds of people who need help with it even though you're not getting paid for it?

If on the other other hand, you have a software that has a high cost and you have "freebie" seekers demanding your help as well as "paid" customers, who would you give preference to?... the "freebie" seekers or the "paying" customers?

If you haven't purchased aMemberPro, it's your loss. Look through this forum and you'll find the hundreds of people who are EXTREMELY happy with this product that blows every other product out of the water.

Read through the hundreds of testimonials so you can see how Alex treats every one of his clients. He treats us like pure GOLD and is very quick to help you customize your installation for you if you need it.

I can't say enough about his character (and amazing support) and I think you'd be a fool not to give yourself the opportunity to find that out for yourself simply because he didn't give you support on a "free" product.

Just my thoughts... don't take offense please. It's not my intention to offend you rather to reason with you.

Sincerely,
    Jim
  5. nelsonvet

nelsonvet New Member

Guys, remove the post

Or maybe not. It seems that negative posts grab the most views, and with how lame the post is, perhaps it's a good thing.

It's not even a comment on amember... it has nothing to do with amember.

Anyone reading this - well, if that's the biggest complaint you see,

'nuff said.

M ;)
  6. draj

draj New Member

Shutterbug,

What sort of garbage you are posting here? Just to simply draw attention of some users.

People are really not stupid here and also most of them do not suffer from psycological illness.

What do you expect from Alex where he did not and does not want to support something for which he was not responsible?

This forum is certainly not for abusive post but for clients to exchange, give and take, which has been truely very healthy, positive and constructive until today.
  7. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

Dear customers, I appreciate your attention and feedbacks a lot! It is really amazing and gives us more power to do right things :)

However, date of shutterbug's post is November-2006, so lets stop bring this topic up :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.