Variables for email templates?

Discussion in 'Templates customization' started by janh, Aug 20, 2017.

1. janh

janh New Member

Hello,

Where can I find a list and description of all variables that can be used in aMember email templates, eg. %affiliate.name_f%, variable for date, etc.?

Thanks!
  2. janh

janh New Member

I found a partial answer to my question above, in the email templates under Setup/Configuration there is a selection box at the bottom with the variables available for email.

However, when I put the %user.unsubscribe_link% variable at the bottom of my newsletter email, it doesn't display the real link, it displays the variable name instead, for text email, and nothing for HTML email.

Which variable should be used for unsubscribe link in email newsletters for text vs. HTML?
  3. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

Hello,

Placeholders is same for any type of email (text/html). Each email template has its own list of placeholders (based on event involved). List of available placeholders can be found in email editor (aMember Placeholders)

email-placeholders.png

How did you test these placeholders? aMember expands placeholders with real value when send it to user.
    Did you try to send this email?

Best Regards.
  4. janh

janh New Member

Thank you Caesar, I didn't know about the placeholders. I used the link from the email templates under Setup/Configuration.

Anyway, I got the link to display properly like this:

<a href="%user.unsubscribe_link%">Unsubscribe</a>

However, clicking on that link doesn't unsubscribe the user, in the user admin record it still says they are subscribed to the newsletter, and also on the user's own account page it says they are subscribed.

So, how can the link be made to work properly and unsubscribe the user from newsletters?

Also, second question, on the page "Unsubscription Confirmation" I would like a link to the user's "amember/member/" page, how do I put that in?

Thank you!
  5. caesar

It is strange. Would you mind to contact us in helpdesk?
    We will check what is wrong with unsubscribe link.

Thanks.
  6. janh

janh New Member

Thank you, the unsubscribe seems to work now, I didn't have to write helpdesk.

However, there is another issue also: Users paid several days ago offline for 1-day access, which should have expired now, and under their User Access there is nothing, however in the list Browse Users it says they are Active, and in their user account they still have access to the protected content.

Should I write the helpdesk about this, or is there anything I can try myself first?

Thanks!
  7. caesar

Yes. please contact us in helpdesk - we will check it.

Thanks.