Variable billing based on exact number of sub-accounts?

Discussion in 'Payments processing' started by gcornelisse, Feb 9, 2015.

1. gcornelisse

gcornelisse New Member

I'm not sure I'm going to use the sub-account plugin. One of the things it would apparently do is bill for blocks of sub-accounts. I'd have to create products for each number or block of sub-accounts, and that's just not maintainable.

I think I can do what I need a little better without it for my application. In my case, a parent account could have one sub account, 100, or more sub-accounts. Sub-accounts will be added one at a time at random, based on their ability/success in selling them. I want them to pay for each sub-account, not blocks of sub-accounts. The sub-accounts will be expensive making it impractical to force the parent account to pay for sub-accounts that are not filled yet. And their price may vary based on which product the sub-account is signed up under.

Is there a way for me to update the invoices, before the parent is billed? I can do all the math outside of amember. I just need to know how to listen/hook into the payment system to adjust the price as the invoice is being created.

Thanks
  2. gcornelisse

gcornelisse New Member

I'm wondering if I couldn't just do this by letting my parent account holders to buy more (enable quantity) on the products for the sub-accounts? The sub-accounts won't be doing the signup/setup. Only the parent accounts. And, they're responsible for paying me. Not the sub-accounts.
  3. gcornelisse

gcornelisse New Member

I can't seem to change the quantity from the admin side, and by testing, I don't see how the parent account can change the quantity through their account area.

Basically, I'm trying to let people white label my products.