Utilizing AMember with an existing site

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by wendymills, May 19, 2009.

1. wendymills

wendymills New Member

I had been looking at Memberstar as a member site solution, but don't think it will works for me, so am now researching other options, which is why I am here :)

I currently have a site with a secure area in which people need the current login info. to access. I have a library of over 100 hour long webinar recordings and am looking at still keeping a free area, but having a paid membership area with an affiliate program for the main part of the library of resources.

Currently I am using dreamweaver and hosting the site, but am considering changing the hosting and the software I use for editing since I recently upgraded my computer and vista is not compatible with my version of dreamweaver. Right now I just use my old laptop when editing my site.

I have another site that uses a program that has it's hosting and editing software online, which is great. This is the way I would go for any other regular website I would create because of the quick visibility I obtained, ranking achieved and built-in maintenance tools that save a lot of time.

Anyway, more info. than you may need but wanted people to have an idea what I am already doing in case it is important in using AMember.

My paid members site would have training resources for affiliate marketers, network marketers and home business owners. A one-tier affiliate program would work, but if a two-tier is possible that may be even better.I need the ability to have a regular affiliate commission and other payout commission levels.

Another feature that may not be possible, but would be great, would be to have affiliates be able to enter other affiliate urls so that if those they refer to my members site click on links within the site, they go to the parent affiliate's links. For example, I mention Aweber as an autoresponder option and when the child affiliate clicks on the link he goes to the parent affiliate's url and the parent affiliate gets his commission from Aweber if the child affiliate decided to purchase.

I don't want to have to send out affiliate checks, so having the affiliate tracking and paying of affiliates though paypal or other methods that would be at least somewhat automated would be important.

So is AMember the best tool for what I need or does anyone have other recommendations?

Thanks!

Wendy