Using protection for service off main web server..

Discussion in 'Setting-up protection' started by swintec, Sep 21, 2011.

1. swintec

swintec aMember Pro Customer

Hi, our web and billing is all on one server (Server A). I would like to deploy a second server which will handle nothing but a dedicated web service that my users will utilize (this will be on server B). When users login to there account on server A and click a link a window will open up being served from Server B. I only want paid, current members to have access to what is on server B, can the protection in AMember handle this type of thing, or does it only allow protecting for same server? What would I input for folder to protect since it is on a completely non-local server?
  2. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

We have a solution for this named "aMember Remote". You install a small script on server B and can protect folders on it. Customer will enter username and password to server B, and server B will (invisible for user) authenticate user against server A aMember database.
  3. swintec

I do not see this in the add ons portion for purchase. What is the cost of this add on?
  4. swintec

Also, i have three separate amember installations that i would like to be able to access "Server B"..could the remote plugin allow access from all three separate installations?
  5. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Please contact us in helpdesk about this plugin.
    This can be done but will require customizations.