Using Moodle

Discussion in 'Integration' started by greatseminars1, Mar 13, 2014.

1. greatseminars1

greatseminars1 aMember Pro Customer

Hello,
    I have been going through the process of moving a website and Moodle LMS to a new server and also switching from another shopping cart to Moodle. I have had some issues with integrating Moodle 2.3.1 into aMember 4 (specifically the automatic login). I have submitted a ticket for this so that Anton can go onto my server to see the issue as I am on a tight deadline, but I have two overall questions.

1) Is there any materials that have been developed for the full integration procedure between Moodle and aMember

2) Is there really any desire for aMember to continue to develop a plugin for Moodle or should I be considering some other option to sell courses?

Thank you,

Chris
  2. charles_5

charles_5 aMember Pro Customer

I just saw your post, I have tried other combinations of eCommerce and Moodle. They are either far inferior or mostly paid solutions that want a percentage of every dollar you make.

The percentage isn't a big deal starting out, but for an established business....it works out to a huge cost for some software.

I am currently hung up waiting on the Moodle integration to work with Moodle 2.5 and above due to the new password salting issue. (We are stuck at Moodle 2.4..which is still supported by the Moodle team)

I have to say that even having tried other things in production all the functionality inside amember blows the other solutions away.