Using Godaddy hosting and Linkpoint

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by pilkington, Jul 5, 2006.

1. pilkington

pilkington New Member

Wow - great package! I have installed the trial and it looks like just what we need. I'm ready to purchase but I am at the point of testing credit card acceptance and cannot get it to work with the linkpoint plugin. The CCDemo plugin works fine but the Linkpoint one hangs and eventually gives a page not found error. I have the SSL certificate installed and working. However the SSL was issued under a different domain from the Linkpoint merchant account (am I correct in assuming this will be an issue as well?).

I am developing using Joomla under an Economy hosting plan with godaddy. My production site will be a more advanced hosting package.

I think I know at least one of the reasons. I have read that godaddy uses a nonstandard hosting setup in that they require a proxy for all https requests from their hosting accounts (to proxy 64.202.165.130:3128).

I see no way to configure a proxy in Amember or the Linkpoint plugin. I see no reference to using a proxy anywhere on your site or in the forums.

Is there a way? If so how.

Are there routines / packages to route my Amember Linkpoint request through a proxy?

If not - well :eek: , any great hosting suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
  2. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

Yes, if happens because of Proxy issues. It is easy to resolve - contact us via helpdesk, and we will make changes to your amember/common.inc.php file.