Using E-mail Address to log into Wordpress

Discussion in 'Integration' started by cornermarket, Feb 16, 2012.

1. cornermarket

cornermarket New Member

I've got the latest version of Amember 3 Pro, the latest Amember3/WP plugin, and the latest version of Wordpress installed. Everything works fine.

However, some of my users are trying to log in using their e-mail addresses. I understand that this requires some under-the-hood tinkering in Amember (per http://www.amember.com/forum/threads/email-address-as-username.6333/page-2#post-23738).

However, after making changes to the PHP files, I was still unable to successfully log in using an email address. I can only assume that there is something in the Wordpress plugin that needs to be modified to accept the email address as an alternative to the login.

To clarify, I don't want Amember to register new users using their email addresses, I'd like to allow them the option of logging in using either their login or their email address.

Any ideas?
  2. cornermarket

cornermarket New Member

Cancel that. I'm an idiot. I was making changes to our old server, which is why they didn't work when tested on the website.

Made the changes to mysql.inc and check.inc.php on the new server, and it worked immediatel.y