Users not getting verification emails (need help ASAP)

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by easyprompter, Nov 21, 2017.

1. easyprompter

easyprompter New Member

I launched a new version of my website today and while many people were able to sign up successfully, I currently have 418 in the "Not Confirmed Users" list and several people reached out via helpdesk, twitter, facebook, and email saying they never received a confirmation email. This is quite embarassing on launch date.
    Please let me know why this may happen (using internal email as sender) and how i can resend all these in bulk or at least contact these people with an explanation.

Thanks!
  2. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member

Hello,

Internal PHP mail function relay on your server to send email and usually it is not good idea (especially on shared hosting).
    Such emails can be classified as spam. I suggest to use some 3rd party email delivery method: SendGrid, Amazon SES, SMTP server etc. You can switch email delivery method in aMember CP:
    aMember CP -> Configuration -> Setup/Configuration -> E-Mail

You can resend emails from log (if it is enabled):
    aMember CP -> Utilities -> Log (Mail Queue)

Best Regards.
  3. easyprompter

easyprompter New Member

I've adjusted my mail queue settings to limit sending but at this point, I have 485 uncomfirmed users and they're not in the 'not sent' mail queue. I know for a fact that some people did not get the emails. Is there a way I can force resend the verification links? or at least get the emails from a database along with their verification codes?
  4. caesar

You can see confirmation link on page with not confirmed users:
    not-confirmed.png

Also latest version of aMember has feature to bulk resend all confirmation emails.

Best Regards.
  5. easyprompter

easyprompter New Member

what version was this introduced in? I'm on 5.2.3 and don't see it
  6. caesar

Honestly I developed it today based on your use case. So you need to upgrade your installation to latest version 5.3.2 and then contact us in helpdesk (with FTP and aMember access) and we will apply patch with this feature to your installation.
    https://www.amember.com/support

Also I recommend to execute the following SQL query in database in order to extend confirmation link lifetime
    (ie.: avoid expiration of existing links):

Code:
    UPDATE am_store SET expires = '2017-11-26 12:00:00' WHERE name LIKE 'signup_record-%';
    You can do it from phpmyadmin tool in your hosting control panel. Please do it as soon as possible. By default such links has 36 hours lifetime.

Best Regards.
  7. easyprompter

easyprompter New Member

I ran the query you suggested. I also tried upgrading to 5.3.2 but after I did, login no longer worked so I had to roll back to 5.2.3
    I opened a support ticket regarding the issue
  8. caesar

I see your ticket. Let's continue in helpdesk with this stuff.