Users Can't Log In To User Profile ... Unless!

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by lawrence, May 21, 2013.

1. lawrence

lawrence aMember Pro Customer

I recently installed the upgrade to version 4.2.17. A disaster ... temporarily I hope. Now subscribers can neither log into protected directories or their user profiles. I temporarily solved the first issue by removing all the .htaccess files from protected directories. The inability to log into the user profile however is very interesting.

The log in URL is http://www.masteremail.com/amember/profile. When a subscriber tries to log in, a thin red line appears just above the Member Login title and he is not sent to the profile page instead staying on the same log in page. By accident, after experiencing this error, I inadvertently went to the URL http://www.masteremail.com/amember (same URL without the final "profile" directory). In fact, it turns out that the subscriber is logged in. He just wasn't sent to his profile page when logging in from the "profile" log in page.

If anyone has any ideas on this, I would appreciate hearing about them. aMember support suggested changing a directory setting to 777 in my hosting cpanel, but since these are my own servers (no cpanel), that is irrelevant. I opened up the directory for read/write access, but it did not help.

aMember is an excellent, excellent program and I have used it happily for years on my Windows server running Apache, but the new version has some definite issues. I am sure these issues will be resolved in the long run, but for now HELP!

Thank you

Larry Carhartt
  2. accularian

accularian Online Macintosh support — aMember Guru.

Hi,

I had the thin red line appearing on my "Profile" page when a log-in failed. The text which normally reads "The user name or password is incorrect" was not there... just the line. Other log-in pages were not having this problem.

I contacted support via the ticket system and they got back to me quickly. They told me that some WordPress Plug-Ins can cause this. I disabled my WP Plug-Ins and re-enabled them, found the culprit, adjusted it's settings, and the problem was gone. Hope this helps.
  3. ccwjames

ccwjames Member

why do you feel to post on a 2 year post ?