Users can login to WordPress and publish content.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by borise, Feb 11, 2013.

1. borise

borise Member

Hey there,

I'm using aMember with WordPress integration. I've noticed that a customer can login to /wp-admin and publish content, even through I've specified that the default level should be Subscriber (in WordPress Integration Settings).

Does anyone know what could be causing this?
  2. gswaim

gswaim CGI-Central Partner

I tested this on one of my WordPress installs and a WordPress user that does not have the role of "Administrator" cannot log into wp-admin. So, something is set up wrong. Look up the user's role in WordPress. I suspect it is Administrator.....
  3. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

Your integration is off. Check the plugin to make sure its set to subscriber, also in protect content, that the user role of subscriber is getting added.

David
  4. borise

borise Member

Grant and David,

thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I had the default user level set to Subscriber (in WordPress Integration Settings), but I had Editor set up under Protect Content > Integration.

I've changed this to Subscriber, so now members who try to visit /wp-admin will only have access to the WP profile page.

However, I did this because of aMember documentation. I've pretty much followed the configuration step by step, as outlined in the screenshots. The "Assign a WordPress User Level to a Product" wiki page (http://www.amember.com/docs/Assign_a_WordPress_User_Level_to_a_Product) features screenshots where Editor is selected as the default WordPress User Group. Without thinking, I've reproduced the steps...

Maybe a good idea to change that screenshot, so that other people don't make the same mistake?