Users Being Logged Out After Closing Browser

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by grayinternet, Sep 13, 2016.

1. grayinternet

grayinternet New Member

Hey everyone!

I just recently upgraded to aMember Pro™ 5.1.3 and ever since then, my users are being logged out when they close their web browser. I'm getting a lot of complaints because when a user logs in, it removes all advertisements from the website. Now, each time they hit the site, they have to navigate through the ads to login. User Session Lifetime (minutes) is set to 2120 minutes (well beyond the 120 default) but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

Is there something else that I can do to set the cookie longer so my users are not logged out for a prolonged period of time?
  2. ccwjames

ccwjames Member

Remember Login ?
    remember username/password in cookies
    Always Remember ?if set to Yes, don't ask customer - always remember
  3. grayinternet

grayinternet New Member

Thanks for the response but I have selected both of those options. The users are still being logged out when they close the browser or our mobile application, which wraps our website.
  4. mike_mac

mike_mac aMember Pro Customer

Noticing the same thing and wonder if anyone found a solution. Constantly have to login when prior version saved the cookie and simply hitting login would automatically log the user. Have checked those same settings in the setup. Even changed them, saved, changed back and saved but no luck.
  5. caesar

caesar aMember Pro Developer Staff Member