username restrictions display fix

Discussion in 'Customization & add-ons' started by nc3man, Apr 20, 2011.

1. nc3man

nc3man aMember Pro Customer

In order for our SMF integration plugin to work better for existing SMF logins, I have in aMember > Admin > Setup, set valid usernames to allow capital letters (no auto-conversion to lower case) as well as spaces, as some of our existing SMF usernames utilize both caps and spaces. However, in the sign-up sheet, it still says "may only contain small letters, numbers, and the underscore '_'", which is inconsistent with my configuration. It seems like the configuration should be recognized and it should say "Lower and upper case, numbers, interior spaces and underscores are allowed" or something like that. I was able to edit _TPL_SIGNUP_LOGIN_[123] in en.php. Is that the best thing to do?
  2. nc3man

nc3man aMember Pro Customer

I also might add that I put these customizations in en-custom.php as en.php should not be edited. Specifically
    PHP:
    define ('_TPL_SIGNUP_LOGIN_1''It must be %d or more characters in length and may');
    define ('_TPL_SIGNUP_LOGIN_2''contain upper and lower case letters, numbers,');
    define ('_TPL_SIGNUP_LOGIN_3''interior spaces, and the underscore \'_\'');
  3. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

yes yo ushould edit descriptions in language file. It will not be changed automatically.