UserInfo categories

Discussion in 'Customization & add-ons' started by draj, Jan 10, 2007.

1. draj

draj New Member

Hallo Alex!

I could not find a Forum here with the title "Feature request" and hence I place my request in this forum.

I find it necessary to have a system of organising the User information to be collected and administered.

If a user signs-up, the admin should be able to administer those information and organise it with ease. Working with a complex user database, for instance with many CMS/Forums/etc, one needs to collect different information for different purposes.

Currently there is only one possibility and that is "Address Info" to be activated or not.

This activation would allow the script to generate the Address Info automatically.

Hence, I find a category system for the User fields to be very important. Based on the admin created categories, the user-info could be ccollected and enatly organised.

What do you andd other users think on this?
  2. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

I believe it is good idea. Groups of fields can then be enabled / disabled in different signup forms.
  3. draj

draj New Member

Hi Alex!

With your attractive reactive, I am definately tempted to ask you how to implement it or when could this be implemented in the coming versions.

Maybe if it is possible to have a quick and dirty solution, it would be also very helpful.
  4. draj

draj New Member

Hallo Alex!

Well, just thought of it.

Those fields to be created could have a design like:

amember_pluginfields

and then:

id product_id

where id = id of the field and product_id is the subscription.

Then it would appear in all the subscriptions at all levels.

Using the data field to hold everything in ONE field would be a disaster and a true mysql field solution would be the best bet.