User Usage

Discussion in 'Customization & add-ons' started by chris_nerat, Jan 6, 2016.

1. chris_nerat

chris_nerat Member

I would like to know if it is possible to generate a usage report for each member? I need the ability to track how many times a member logs in to my site throughout their entire 90 day membership period -- Is such a report available or can one be created? I don't need any other information other than how many times they log into my site.

Thank you,
    Chris
  2. accularian

accularian Online Macintosh support — aMember Guru.

Hi,

I do not know of a report which would show you an overview of logins over time. You are probably aware that you can see login details for each member in their profile. Click the "Access Log" button at the top of their profile. Don't forget to increase the log retention date to an appropriate number of days. That's over in Admin>Setup/Configuration/Advanced... 'Clear Access Log after...."

Another way I have been able to track this a bit is through my own server logs (AWStats and Webalizer) and through a counter script on my pages by the folks over at statcounter.com. This service allows me to label IP addresses and has become pretty effective for me.
  3. chris_nerat

chris_nerat Member

Hello Dana -- sorry for the late response and thank you for the reply! Yes, I was aware of "access" logs but I did not know I could change how many days the logs were kept -- that will help a bit.

My biggest issue is that I had a report created within WordPress that is supposed to track my member's usage. It is supposed to generate a report that shows how many users were not active within a set amount of days, i.e. 3 days. However, when I run the report it gives me names of users that I know for a fact have been on the site within that 3 day period. I'm guessing that is because those users have probably checked the "remember password" box on their login page so they are not actually logging in and out -- basically rendering my report useless.

I'll see what I can workout based on your suggestions -- thanks!

Chris