User role free and paid with wordpress question

Discussion in 'Setting-up protection' started by vodkkagirls, Sep 2, 2013.

1. bothead

bothead New Member

I am using wordpress and amembers I am also using wp symposium for a forum in wordpress.
    I have paid users that have access to my protect pages on wordpress. I also have a 'free member' that does not have access to the protected pages, but they can see forum page but I want to restrict what they see in the forum...
    In the forum setting I can set this with wordpress user roles, so I have subscribers,admin,paid,expired, free user. so i simple check a box giving or taking away 'free user' access to a forum topic.

My question is do I need to set the default role level and members as 'free user' instead of subscribe or do i need do something else to accomplish this?
  2. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

In the integration setting, set worpdress, subscriber, all users.
    This will make sure that all people are copied into the wordpress database as regular users.

David
  3. bothead

bothead New Member

So things got a little more complicated :)
    My forum has sections/topic that I want to restrict to paying members only...
    Now i created a simple 'free user' in word press user roles and uncheck that role to access certain part of the forum.

My problem is the default role that amembers gives is to this free user role, then adds on a paid subcription to that is they do...
    The problem is that it doesn't change the role in wordpress it seems to just copy it over to aMember Active

I was hoping I could have split the forum on wps up and simply wrapped the free content on one shortcode and the VIp content in another, but that isn't possible either.

Any advice
  4. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

I think you'll need to add a role creation plugin in wordpress- like role scoper, etc.
    You'd create a new role, then in the amember integrations, set the amember product to that role.
    The forum should also allow you to set access according to the role.

David