User Groups not being assigned to users.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by timothyleephoto, Nov 28, 2013.

1. timothyleephoto

timothyleephoto New Member

If anyone can tell me why this is happening I'd love to know.
    ALL of my users have had to sign-up going through AMEMBER PRO 4.x but when you go under user info... nothing.. nada.
    Yes, I have my products setup and the groups set up as well.

I have added a new group and when new users sign up under that group it's not being pushed to phpbb and gallery2.
    [​IMG]
  2. crystalmedia

crystalmedia Member

I have no idea what or how to use the "User Groups" options. Documentation doesn't explain it very well :(

However, I do know that "User Groups" is not for the phpBB plugin - so what you are seeing is correct.
    You set up your "groups" under Phpbb Integration Settings. If you log into phpBB, and view one of your users, you will see that they are in fact added to your phpBB group. So unless you know off hand what product belongs to which "group", the only way to check it (that I know of) is to view the user's group level within the phpBB forum. I've tested this one like crazy, so I know it works :) Let me know if that helps and I hope I made sense.
  3. timothyleephoto

When I only had one group it was working fine even though it wasn't showing up under user info. At that time this wasn't an issue but now I have two groups I'm trying to use.
    If someone tries to upgrade to the new group it's not changing the group within PHPBB or Gallery2. So I've had to shut down the new group until I can figure out why it's not populating.
    I'm just lost now. I have an email into tech support but I haven't heard back (it's been over 24 hrs)
  4. crystalmedia

crystalmedia Member

I have several groups too such as Level1, Level2, etc, and they do change accordingly. You need to arrange the hierarchy of your groups under "Groups Priority". The groups at the top take precedence - so your upgrade group must be above the other one.
  5. timothyleephoto

Awesome! That may be my issue. However when I go into the Setup/Config under phpbb or any other it says I can drag and drop to sort. I hover over the group, hover over the arrows and nothing.
    Same in Firefox and Explorer 11.

BTW: Thank you! ! Your input is greatly appreciated.
  6. timothyleephoto

Issue resolved.
    Wordpress theme was causing a conflict and would not allow me to drag and drop my Group Priority under the plub-in config. Disabled the wordpress theme, changed order, re-enabled the wordpress theme and everything works fine now.