User authentication with WML & aMember

Discussion in 'Customization & add-ons' started by bbloom, Sep 15, 2006.

1. bbloom

bbloom New Member

My client has a Joomla/aMember site at http://tobars.ca. It works very well -- thank you aMember and the aMember support team (really!).

Now my client wants a companion mobile site. aMember does not offer any WML scripts of its software.

So... does anyone have any experience creating a mobile site with aMember (and Joomla) and can offer ideas about user authentication and payments via aMember using WML and PHP.

If you have success stories using Joomla's mobile extensions (eg, Content Manager 1.2) that would help my cause, please share!

I'm pretty sure that after receiving login input, my WML (or PHP) file checks amember_member.login and .pass fields.

If the test succeeds, I pass control (somehow) to another WML deck, and if the test fails, I pass control (somehow) back to the WML login file.

Thank you my fellow forum participants for taking the time to help. I'm scouring the internet for code samples and somewhat succeeding; however, your specific knowledge of aMember is a big help.

When I get my code to work, I will post it here for other aMember users to use.

When PayPal Mobile, released earlier this year, has an IPN component, then (theoretically) having a mobile subscription site can be a real possibility! Hopefully, aMember has a mobile version on their horizons!

Many thanks to all of you for your help.
    -Bob
  2. bbloom

bbloom New Member

no ideas, eh!

Well, you can embed WML in PHP much like HTML and PHP.

Which pretty well solves my problem (I think!).

When PayPal offers IPN with their mobile service, aMember should update their login/logout for WML.

-Bob