User access based on location

Discussion in 'Setting-up protection' started by foreverpetcare, Feb 9, 2015.

1. foreverpetcare

foreverpetcare New Member

I am trying to have protected content pages that can be accessed only by members that live in a designated location, by Province or State for example. How is this doable?
  2. foreverpetcare

3. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

Everything is doable but how reliable is another problem.

For instance it can be based on an address entered by member, perhaps more reliable provided they enter correct address, or it could be IP based but this would be reliant on the members ISP being local to that of the member.
  4. foreverpetcare

That specific isn't necessary. I just would like someone in Ontario for example to get a different protected content page than someone in New York. I have tried to put everyone in Ontario in an Ontario group, but it doesn't seem to connect to the groups for protected content.
  5. foreverpetcare

If there is anyone that is looking to accomplish the same thing, here is the resolution:

1. Create a product for example Ontario and a product named New York as per my example above and make the price free for what ever set of time you wish, I set one year.
    2. Then create a protected page named Ontario and one named New York, access only with active subscription to the appropriate product being Ontario or New York.
    3. Set your custom options on "browse Users" to include Active Products and State.
    4. When a client registers In Ontario check off their profile on the "browse users" page and then "Mass Subscribe" adding the Ontario product to their Active Subscriptions. This will give them access to the protected content based on location.

You would be able to do this for any criteria, I just needed by State/Province.