[ Urgent ] Need suggestions

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by adityasfs, May 25, 2008.

1. adityasfs

adityasfs New Member

Hello,

I am starting a new membership based website. I have been told about amember by a friend. Now i am not sure how fit it is to my needs or not. Thats what i want to know. Since i have never used amember and the trial version doesnt show the source code etc.

I just want to know if it is a good solution for me or not. I am quite confused.

My requirements are that, i want the members to signup using paypal subscription. Then once they subscribed, they must get access to a members area where i will add files to download every month. Only members should be able to download those files. I should be able to integrate it with a custom design made by my designer. Whenever a person cancels a paypal subscription on paypal.com , the membership should terminate after the current month. Affiliates should be integrated and whenever a member pays a membership fees or renews membership every month, the commission should be credited to the corresponding affiliate every month. I will add new 20 files for download every month and the next month , these files will go into archive (still downloadable by the members).

Please tell me if i can do all these through amember

regards
    Aditya
  2. calisolllc

calisolllc Member

Amember can perform everything you detailed.

There is however ONE issue I am not certain of and may very well depend on whether you use the internal affiliate module or a third party one and that issue is continuing affiliate commissions each month for the recurring memberships.
    Maybe someone who uses the recurring payment feature with an affiliate program can answer that part of your question.

There is also another issue that would depend on HOW you wish content to be fed to users....

Lets assume in month one you provide files A and B for the members and in month 2 provide files C and D and month 3 you provided E and F.
    If you wish a member that joins up in month 2 to get immediately files A,B,C and D theen amember can handle this out of the box
    If however no matter when a member joins he/she only gets files A and B in month 1 and C and D the following month etc etc then you also need to buy the Incremental Plugin addon for Amember as well
  3. skippybosco

skippybosco CGI-Central Partner Staff Member

And just to prevent any confusion, Amember will protect the folder you are putting the files in but not provide any code to display that folder and its files to your users.

You will need to either create a web page that has links to the files (or folder if you are just displaying and index list (sic) or a file browser code/script of some kind in place.
  4. adityasfs

adityasfs New Member

Thanks for the response ?

Can i change the script and mod it on my own. I mean is the PHP code given with the license ?
  5. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

About 90% of the code is available to mod, but I think the only thing you will need to modify are the templates.

Are you going to give access to all the files to all users, or incrementally over time?

If its all users, you can just add an index file to the protected directory outlining all the contents available to download. The when you upload new content, just update the index file too.

If incrementally,then you need to incremental content plugin.

As far as affiliates, amember has a built in program that should handle what you want. Its single tier, but paypal only allows single tier anyway.

For cancellations, the user or you will have to cancel in paypal, and when the next payment isnt made, amember will automatically "expire" the subscription.

David
  6. adityasfs

adityasfs New Member

Looks like it has got everything.

One more question.

Say i have developed my own members area with database / logins etc. I am more inclined towards this because i have tons of stuff to implement. Can amember be integrated with my custom stuff. I want amember to keep track of all members , affiliates and payments but the members area will be the one developed by me.
  7. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner