Urgent help: error with v4 transition

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by monicasalazar, Mar 27, 2012.

1. monicasalazar

monicasalazar New Member

Hello,

I have an old Amember and I'm just updating. It has users, affiliates, products, etc, so I can't afford a down time.

I've followed the instructions for upgrading from v3 to v4. I did the trial installation and it worked.

Now that I went to install amember 4 in its definitive place, it went ok, then took me to the setup page, and after that I get this message:

(I've submitted a ticket but is so frustrating the time they take to get back, and when they do so, it's usually with a short and partial answer).

Connecting to database...OK
    Checking database...OK
    Creating tables....OK
    Writing config...OK
    Import Country/State database... (country - done) (state -
    Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Am_Setup_Exception_Db' with message 'MySQL Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1747 at /home/familia/public_html/monicasalazarponce.com/amember/library/Am/Setup.php line 210(1064) in query: INSERT INTO am_state (state, country, title) VALUES ('AD-ALV', 'AD', 'Andorra la Vella'), ('AD-CAN', 'AD', 'Canillo'), ('AD-ENC', 'AD', 'Encamp'), ('AD-ESE', 'AD', 'Escaldes-Engordany'), ('AD-LMA', 'AD', 'La Massana'), ('AD-ORD', 'AD', 'Ordino'), ('AD-SJL', 'AD', 'Sant Julia de LOA'), ('AE-AJ', 'AE', '''Ajman'), ('AE-AZ', 'AE', 'Abu Zaby'), ('AE-DU', 'AE', 'Dubayy'), ('AE-FU', 'AE', 'Al Fujayrah'), ('AE-RK', 'AE', 'R''as al Khaymah'), ('AE-SH', 'AE', 'Ash Shariqah'), ('AE-UQ', 'AE', 'Umm al Qaywayn'), ('AF-BAL', 'AF', 'Balkh province'), ('AF-BAM', 'AF', 'Bamian province'), ('AF-BDG', 'AF', 'Badghis province'), ('AF-BDS', 'AF', 'Badakhshan province'), ('AF-BGL', 'AF', 'Baghlan province'), in /home/familia/public_html/monicasalazarponce.com/amember/library/Am/Setup.php on line 307

------------------

Thanks for your help!!!
  2. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Monica,
    I've fixed this issue. sql-states.sql file was broken, I believe there was a problem when you uploaded files.