URGENT : Do Amember do that?

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by speedy5044, Feb 5, 2011.

1. speedy5044

speedy5044 New Member

Im gonna luch a membership website tomorrow , i have everything ready just need to choose the right membership plugin so im wondering if amember can do this :
    -Be integrated with wordpress in a way that after a successful payment the login details AUTOMATICALLY sent to the buyer , after that it redirect the buyer to some Upsale .
    -do amember support upsales ?
    If so is it easy to setup everything ?

Thanks
  2. skippybosco

skippybosco CGI-Central Partner Staff Member

3. grantswaim

grantswaim New Member

Speedy,

With all due respect, trying to pick a WordPress membership solution on the eve of a site launch isn't realistic. This is a decision that needs a lot of study and planning.

A couple of things to keep in mind with WordPress and aMember.
    • aMember is not a plug-in, it is a stand alone membership script. You must us a plug-in to have aMember control access in the WordPress site.
    • There is an aMember developed WordPress plug-in available. As far as I know, it is still in beta and in my humble opinion (IMHO) you are better off to use the amProtect plug-in (a mature and proven solution).
    • Even after WordPress, aMember, and amProtect are all installed and configured, the aMember pages will need to be themed to match the WordPress site for a transparent jump between the WordPress pages and the aMember pages.
    The aMember solution is not like a true WordPress plug-in solution that does not requires theming, however, lacks in some of the more powerful features.

Good Luck