<URGENT> All Active PayPal Subscriptions Expired

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by steveric, Dec 31, 2012.

1. dschwa

dschwa Member

Alex, this may be the expected. Our concern is that it is functioning differently than it was prior to the y2k13 bug and update to recurring dates in our code. Why is it no longer showing recurring?
  2. calicomonkey

calicomonkey New Member

I've corrected all of the 2012 dates in the code that I could find, and all new registrations are correctly having their payment expiration dates set to 2036. However, as my monthly subscribers renew each month, the renewal payment expiration dates are still being set to 2012. I'm clearly missing an errant date somewhere, but a global search hasn't turned up any answers. Any ideas where the renewal expiration dates are set?
  3. skippybosco

skippybosco CGI-Central Partner Staff Member

Which payment provider are they registering with and did you change that payment plugin?
  4. billrinehart

billrinehart New Member

hi skippy- first of all thank you for all the help you have given me over the years with your posts-

i followed the directions exactly to fix the recurring payment bug but it seems to persist. i am running 3.18pro. i tested it on a different browser to make sure the session data wasn't stale.

also- is there a way i can contact you to hire you to help me upgrade my site to 4? i tried it once by myself and it was a disaster. i had to downgrade. i want to get 4 working so that problems like this recurring bug don't continue to happen. thank you again
  5. steveric

steveric New Member

When someone cancels the end date is now set to 2036-12-31 (instead that it remains on RECURRING)? Is this normal behaviour after the changes? The day a cancelled member expires will the above end date then change to "day-1" date ?
  6. skippybosco

skippybosco CGI-Central Partner Staff Member

This I do not know and defer to aMember team on this.

Can you open a support ticket and follow up to this forum?
  7. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

aMember doesn't change expiration date when user cancel his subscription.
    It will be change when amember receive subscr_eot message from paypal(at the end of paid period)
  8. steveric

steveric New Member

Never mind all seems to run as it should. Members who cancel still have RECURRING as end date (until end of paid period). Sorry for the confusion.
  9. mmehrle

mmehrle aMember Pro Customer

Unfortunately I think the problem has not been fixed properly via the steps described here. This morning I checked one subscriber and saw this:
    http://screencast.com/t/j5nm6fZ4j2S

As you can see the January sub has not been deactivated (i.e. the end date changed to 1/31/2013).

Please see here:

http://screencast.com/t/oCHyZieNlFcy
    The end date is still 2036.

Here is another example:
    http://screencast.com/t/leohOoavJa

Now, I am pretty sure I have implemented all the fixes that were required and I'm afraid this is going to once again cause chaos. What can I do??

I will also need to run a SQL call that allows me to see all old recurring subscriptions which are still active today. Meaning all subscriptions which should have been expired but retained the 2036 end date.

Any help would be appreciated.
  10. alexander

I believe there was a problem before your fix. aMember will dactivate one subscription only, but it seems there was two payments with expiration date = RECURRING.
    Please contact us in helpdesk and provide access info, I will modify plugin so it will deactivate all previous payments which have RECURRING expiration date.
  11. mmehrle

I sent you an email last Friday but have not heard back. Please check your emails.
  12. mmehrle

Please send me an SQL query that gives me all users that have recurring subscriptions that started more than a month ago and still have 2036 as the end date. Hope this makes sense - I want to find all recurring subscriptions that should have been disabled.
    I have asked for this several times already. Can I have some support please?
  13. alexander

Please provide ticket number if it wasn't handled yet, I will check it asap.
    Also here is the query:
    select * from amember_members where member_id in (select member_id from amember_payments where begin_date < '2013-01-05' and expire_date ='2036-12-31' and completed=1 and paysys_id='paypal_r')