upper vs lower case usernames?

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by rastacat, Feb 26, 2005.

1. rastacat

rastacat Guest

I have the test version installed on a site and any signups are all converted to lowercase. Is this normal? Tried a number of different settings but it's always converted to lower case.

I would be using the vbulletin integration if purchased and many of our users are in mixed case UPPER and lower. eg: Rasta Cat

Can this program handle that or will they have to login using lower case version of their vbulletin names? eg: rasta cat

thanks. I've searched for quite awhile and not found answers to this.

Al
  2. gigaenvy

gigaenvy New Member

Open a ticket. I believe the free version you have 2.3.4 (??) was fixed from older versions where if you registered with Amember with caps, you would be forced to login using caps. If you registered with lower case, you would be forced to login using lower case. Logins should not be case sensitive which is why it was one of the changes in the newer version.

To your question directly, I just looked at my payments and users who register in Amember in uppercase (at least the first letter of their login), are identical in Vbulletin. Therefore, the user can login using 'UserName', 'usERNAME', or 'username'.

Try this
    Code:
    :

Edit /amember/signup.php and delete this line:
    $vars['login'] = strtolower($vars['login']);

I suggest opening a ticket for a prompt response by the team!

GigaEnvy
  3. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

All signups are converted to lower-case by default. You may edit file
    amember/signup.php and remove line:
    $vars['login'] = strtolower($vars['login']);
    It is not a bug, it is a feature ;)
  4. rastacat

rastacat Guest

Thanks for the replies. Exactley what I needed to hear.
    Much appreciated! :)