Upgrading from intro Paypal to Premium

Discussion in 'Payments processing' started by subpixel, May 12, 2014.

1. subpixel

subpixel New Member

According to paypal this will allow us to adjust the price that new signups are paying, but that we will be unable to adjust old users payment schedule because they were signed up under a different product.

This is fine, my question is if we do this upgrade will we have any difficulties from the amember paypal processing plugin?
  2. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

No, plugin won't have any issues.
  3. ak48avk

ak48avk Angela Kane

I have successfully downgraded from PayPal Pro to PayPal Standard Premium (great support from aMember and PayPal I have to say), because of the new PCI Compliance requirements on Pro. Premium now offers recurring payments on Credit/Debit payments.

Three questions:
    1. How do subscribers update their credit card details as they no longer do it from aMember Profile? Do they get notification direct from PayPal?
    2. With reference to subpixel's post above, you can indeed change the recurring element on a payment on the PayPal site. I tried it and you can certainly decrease the recurring price. I have a product where I have greatly reduced the subscription after the first year. I have old members still paying the higher rate year after year. I have invited them to cancel and rejoin at a reduced membership but some don't bother until it gets renewed and of course some complain. I would like to manually change these payments on PayPal but what does aMember make of the lower payment? Will it recognise the renewal?
    3. Alternatively, can, or will we be able to change the recurring payment value within aMember?
    Again, a big thank you to the aMember support team.
    vacc_webmaster likes this.