Upgrading aMember and PayPal IPN Subscription Problems

Discussion in 'Payments processing' started by microvb, Apr 26, 2012.

1. microvb

microvb Member

In this example, I would like to start off by saying, the aMember migration from version 3 to version 4 went perfectly. aMember 4 is showing all the payments, and even went through the trouble of revalidating the validity of all payments, creating the products, and assigning users to the products.

The problem is this >>

IPN Url changed and PayPal is saying there fix is to force everyone to re-sign up again.

I have tried forcing the path change by using .htaccess and a redirect. The IPN URL was also updated within the PayPal account, however -- FAIL. When grabbing IPN data for resubmission (visible in IPN history) ---- FAIL.

Redirect 301 /am/plugins/payment/paypal_r/ipn.php /members/payment/paypal/ipn

Fails

Kind of at a loss here, and this is something that desperately needs a solution. Could you please provide mod_rewrite code so the URL post to the old address will post to the new script internally.
  2. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Do you have new aMember installation on the same url as old one had?
    If so enable amember CP -> Setup -> Advanced -> Use v3 Urls
  3. alexander

Sorry, I guess urls are different. Leave old aMember installation at old location and in paypal plugin configuration just specify Resend IPN posts, so IPN messages will be resent from old install to new one.
  4. microvb

microvb Member

That is something we were considering, or simply moving the new installation to the old address and having the v3 Urls enabled.
  5. compras

compras New Member

Does anyone have more detailed instructions on how to do this in amember v3?

I am having the same problem with an upgrade to v4

I have v3 in one folder and v4 in another folder. I want that the recurring payments are notified to v4 installation.

Please help.
  6. compras

compras New Member

In amember v3 CP->Setup/Config->Paypal there is a text box at the bottom of the page that says "Resend Postback"

Do I need to write amember v4 IPN url there?
  7. alexander

Yes, exactly.