Upgraded from 3.x to 4.7.2 last week, cancelled/expired subs being ignored by aMember

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by kellerwade, Dec 22, 2015.

1. kellerwade

kellerwade aMember Pro Customer

Last week we (finally!) upgraded from aMember 3.x to 4.7.2. Since then, we noticed that current subscription numbers were not dropping at all at an expected rate after a sale we ran last month. So we just investigated today and noticed now that people who cancelled a trial sub more than 30 days ago are still listed as Active Recurring and the cancellation they made weeks or days ago did not register with aMember. However, these people have not paid the usual monthly sub rate when we look them up in Pay Pal. So people who cancelled with Pay Pal and haven't paid in the last 30 days are staying on as Active subscribers on the aMember database and have free access to the premium content more than 30 days after their last monthly payment via Pay Pal.

After many years of using aMember, this has never happened before. I believe there must be something on our upgrade, which we had Anton and Andrey and the team handle for us, that ended up not quite right. Is this a common issue and is there a solution that jumps out to anyone? I'm also submitting a ticket of course with them to look into this.
  2. kellerwade

I will add to this an instance of someone who had a failed payment and it's set to retry. Usually that situation would deactivate their password, but instead they still have access. This didn't happen with v3 prior to the last five days before we ugpraded.
  3. kellerwade

Alex from aMember in a very timely fashion figured out the default end date on the old aMember 3x was 2035 rather than the standard 2037, and that messed up the IPN triggers to change status of members. It was such a fluke it's unlikely to happen to anyone else. Glad to have everything working. We processed the latest IPNs since the install and everything looks right.