Upgrade to 4.2.6 problem - Internal script error

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by guildrl, Jun 12, 2012.

1. guildrl

guildrl aMember Pro Customer

Hey guys

I've tried getting this fixed via support since Friday (I accept closed over weekend) but I've had one response yesterday asking for information which I then provided but nothing today. This is so not like the amember support I have come to love over the years.

I thought I would quickly ask the question here because from a business point of view I'm going to have to move software urgently as I'm loosing members.

Basically, since upgrading to 4.2.6 on Friday, when logging in via wordpress, members get an internal script error and a message to contact me. When a member tries to download a document from a protected folder (90% of my business) they get the same error and they can't download.

I've restored from a daily back up to 4.2.4 but the error remains so I suspect there is a permissions issue, maybe to do with .htaccess? I've also tried deleting and installing the full version (rather than the upgrade package).

In addition, I tried re-protecting the protected folders and then rebuild the database but an error is produced on the wordpress rebuild after number 720 saying that it could not continue. I have no idea what this could mean. Looking at the wordpress database, everything looks just fine and if I add someone (like a test member) it seems to add to wordpress just fine.

I've also done the usual and deactivated all plugins but the error still remains.

Please, if anyone can help with any idea, I would be sooooo grateful. I really don't want the hassle of installing new software because I love amember but I simply can't carry on upsetting my members like this for another day!

Many thanks

Adrian
  2. guildrl

guildrl aMember Pro Customer

Hello

Just as an update to this as it may help others, it was a folder permissions issue on amember/data folder (and sub-folders).

Adrian
  3. femur

femur aMember Pro Customer

This helped me. Thanks so much!