Upgrade paths are not visible for some users

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by xenous, Jun 8, 2016.

1. xenous

xenous New Member

Hello,

We have setup upgrade paths fro our products however some users do not have upgrade options. Why this might be happening? And how can we solve this?

Cheers
  2. xenous

xenous New Member

OK after seeking all code I have found this...

We were using PayPal standard as payment system and now using paypal Express this results users signed up with Paypal not to have upgrade options which is bizzare

altered code in Invoice.php model line 2006 as
    PHP:
    public function getPaysystem()
        {
            if (!
    $this->paysys_id)
                return 
    null;
            if(
    $this->paysys_id=='paypal'){

$this->paysys_id="paypal-express";
            }
            if (!
    $this->getDi()->plugins_payment->isEnabled($this->paysys_id))
                return 
    null;
            return 
    $this->getDi()->plugins_payment->loadGet($this->paysys_id);
        }
    and now it works. However this cannot be right as I want to have different payment methods as well. I think there has to be another way for it so that user clicks upgrade selects product and payment system...

any advise is welcome
  3. powerkeys

powerkeys Member

This sounds like something I'm wondering about as well.

I've set up my products, and defined upgrade paths from lower-priced products to higher-priced products, yet I do not see any way for a member to upgrade from one to the next.

My site also uses PayPal standard, and the products in question are NOT recurring, but are one-time fee products, which should make the upgrade easy -- just charge the surcharge amount.

What else needs to happen in order to allow members to upgrade? There doesn't seem to be any documentation on this.

BTW, I'm using the most current version of aMember.
  4. powerkeys

powerkeys Member

Another thread answered my question. Essentially, it works when a payment is recorded into the system, but not when a user is "given" a complementary package from which they may upgrade to a higher-priced package.
    This is only a problem for those of us who sometimes want to give our members a little extra.