Upgrade from trial to paid subscription

Discussion in 'Customization & add-ons' started by severt, Oct 13, 2011.

1. severt

severt New Member

Hi,

I offer a product with a 14-day free trial.
    When the potential customer decide to purchase they need to login to the Amember user interface: http://www.domain.com/amember/member.php

In my opinion this is very ugly, and I rather direct them to my pricing page where they can click the "pay" button for the paid subscription they like.
    Then a page with "already a free trial member?" login here to upgrade.
    Or in the case the user is already logged in , just automatically arrange the payment...

I couln't find a way to do this... Anybody?

Thanks,
    Dennis
  2. alexander

alexander Administrator Staff Member

Custom programming will be required.
    You can get all info about user's payments from session after login, so you need to check what payments user have and display order page the way you need.
    You can use direct links to redirect user to payment page for any product. For example:
    /amember/member.php?tab=add_renew&action=renew&paysys_id=paypal_r&product_id=1
  3. davidm1

davidm1 aMember User & Partner

suggest you change to a 14 day free trial, then auto bill them after the trial period. Much easier to sell someone to sign up 1x for the trial then continuity then having to 1st sign up for your free stuff, then come back and order again.

If you arent comfortable with this- at lease test it ans see which makes you more $.

David
  4. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

aMember is a working system 'out of the box' not just the core to a membership system.

However there is no compulsion to use the templates as supplied. It is fairly easy to design pages to achieve virtually everything with a layout to fully suit your site. Been there, done it. Takes a little effort but fully achievable.

But if you do not wish to go down this road then it is possible to still achieve a good looking site. What you are wanting is fully do-able. Just needs a bit of customising.
  5. severt

severt New Member

Is there anybody who want's to help me with this for a fee?
  6. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

I would but at the moment am fully tied up revamping my own site and developing a version to run effectively on mobile devices so not really be able to help for two or three months I would think.

Also might be better to wait until V.4 is released before spending money on the existing one.