Upgrade from PHP 5.2 to 5.4

Discussion in 'aMember Pro v.4' started by chrome62, Dec 17, 2013.

1. chrome62

chrome62 Member

I upgraded my servers PHP from 5.2 to 5.4 and now I get the error:
    "Script Error
    Error establishing a database connection. Please contact site webmaster if this error does not disappear long time"

My hosting support wasn't much help and neither was this forum. What's the simple answer?
  2. chrome62

chrome62 Member

I am at aMember ver 4.3.5
  3. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

4. chrome62

chrome62 Member

@thehpmc - That makes sense...thanks, I'll posts results.
    Hope Alex can answer this question too.
  5. microlinx

microlinx aMember Pro Customer

I upgraded to 5.3.28 instead and did not get the database error...however, now I get the following when trying to add a new member....

DateTime::__construct() [<a href='datetime.--construct'>datetime.--construct</a>]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Chicago' for 'CST/-6.0/no DST' instead
  6. microlinx

I tried adding " date_default_timezone_set('America/Chicago'); " to my config.php file as suggested in another topic, but still having the same issue. Nobody can signup now. :(
  7. microlinx

So now not even my paid members can log in. Wow, I'm absolutely amazed at how 4.3.5 seem to be incompatible with PHP 5.3.8 or higher.
  8. microlinx

9. microlinx

Oh, and the time issue was solved by modifying PHP.ini "date.timezone" parameter from "CST" to "America/Chicago", makes a difference I guess.
  10. microlinx

Rolling back to PHP 5.2.17 and now everything works fine again. Support told me that it "impossible for PHP 5.3.28 to break single login function" of the Joomla plugin. Apache is at ver 2.4. Will file a detailed bug report.
  11. thehpmc

thehpmc Member

Why not try suggestion above?????

This is NOT reallt an aMember problem research has revealed it is a changes with PHP so why continually blame aMember??