Updating database field upon purchase

Discussion in 'Pre-Sales Questions' started by dougcure, Feb 7, 2007.

1. dougcure

dougcure New Member

Hello,

I am developing a new site for a client and recently came across Amember Pro. I am having a hard time trying to find a solution that will allow me to do what I want, but I think that Amember Pro may be able to help.

Here is the plan. We are going to use either Vbulletin or IPB as our main user database and community system. We want to integrate Amember Pro with one of these two.

Then, we want users to be able to purchase a "token" will will be added to their account. The "token" will cost $1 for example and will allow them to vote in a poll or whatever action we decide. For each token they will get one vote, or whatever. They can purchase as many tokens as they want.

We need a system that will integrate with one of these two forum software's and then allow us to collect a $1 payment via credit card for each "token" and then add the number of purchased tokens to a field in their customer record and log a transaction. We will then decrease that number by one for each action they choose.

I guess I think of it like purchasing tokens for an arcade or something.

I need to know if Amember Pro would be able to help us with this or if there is something else you can recommend. Also, I am up for comments on Vbulletin vs IPB. I would very much like to know what everyone thinks of one versus the other.

Thanks for your time. I hope to figure this out soon and purchase Amember Pro if it will help us out in our needs.
  2. alex

alex aMember Pro Customer Staff Member

It is possible to implement ordering and accounting of tokens with aMember, it is easy to do.

Reporting tokens usage to aMember + checking that user has enough tokens should be done as customization to forum software, and we unfortunately
    cannot take this custom work. We are ready however to help your PHP programmers with aMember integration.